Monday, March 30, 2009

Reading & Dancing Video Clip

Here is a clip of Maizie paging through her books and then deciding it is time to dance.

She started walking a couple steps at a time early this month and is now walking with confidence. It has opened a whole new world for her. Yesterday she pulled out a deck of cards from an end table in the family room, walked through the room and into our bedroom. She returned moments later without the cards. She proceeded to take another deck out of the drawer, again made her way to our bedroom and returned empty handed. She grabbed a third deck and after entering our bedroom, I decided to follow her to see where she thought these cards should be. I spotted her in our bathroom placing the third deck next to the other two on top of the toilet seat. She started giggling when she realized she was "busted."

Earlier that day, she brought me a pair of my warm novelty socks as I sat at the kitchen table. I thanked her and she smiled with pride that she made mommy happy. She turned around and a minute later returned with another pair. Within five minutes, I had four pair of my fuzzy socks at the kitchen table. Such a good-natured girl!

Words she likes to say: Uh-oh, mama, dada, mom, Stacy (her beloved daycare provider), ba-ba (i.e., puppy), Elmo, kna-kna (i.e., knock-knock). She has said "gandpa" too but we're still working on grandma.

No comments: