Well it was an early morning. I woke up around 4:15 and could not fall back asleep. I finally got out of bed at 5:00, had breakfast & got ready for the hospital. Pat and I arrived at admissions at 7:00 AM. The lady said, "so you're here for your induction, right?" I was like huh?! No, that would be a version. She changed the error in the computer and we proceeded to the Birthing Floor. I got into the wonderful hospital gown, got weighed and hooked up to the baby heart rate monitor and contraction monitor (version can trigger them). My ob/gyn did the ultrasound to confirm her position. We were hopeful baby turned on her own but that she did not. Poor little girl has her head up by her feet yet. Doc said she's in a good position for the version but that there isn't much amniotic fluid left -- just pockets of it. He said typically the odds of a version being successful are 50/50. However, given the small amount of fluid and that this is my first pregnancy he said my odds of it working were 1 in 3. Thus, we decided not to proceed with the version and do a scheduled c-section.
Last week my doc told me via phone we would wait with the c-section if necessary until closer to the due date. This morning he said, "How does early next week sound? Would you like a New Year's baby?" He had his nurse check the schedule/staffing and called me late morning with the date. The schedule is full for 12.31.07 (I wonder why...) and they do not allow anything to be scheduled on New Year's Day due to staffing. Our baby's birthdate will be 01.02.08 unless God decides otherwise. If I go into labor before the scheduled time, my ob will be called and we'll do the c-section then. If baby flips on her own by the morning of scheduled c-section, I will be induced rather than proceeding with a c-section. I would rather have a c-section than be induced so I'm hopeful that all goes well!
We're really excited to meet her!!
It's been a while!
2 years ago